So you really want to know more about me, huh? I currently work for AOL in Baltimore, as a software engineer. That's not as riveting as you may think, but actually, I learn a lot and can surf the Web all day. I'm originally from Louisville, and I graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication, journalism concentration. I'm currently working toward a master's degree in Professional Studies at Towson University. Yep, that's right, I'm going to be a professional studier!
A few years ago, I finished my first book, called The Developers. If you're into fiction, technology, humor, bingo and/or Richard Simmons, I think you'll enjoy it. I recently finished Corporate Ties, which will hopefully answer the question as to why people give up their lives to become company drones.
Before AOL, I was on a bit of a job-jumping stint, holding positions as a web developer at Red Pixel Studios, Western & Southern Life Insurance, Monster.com, LeapFrog, TruePresence, Naviance and Integrated Marketing Solutions during a four-year period. Previously I worked in the newspaper business for eight years, including stints at the Purdue Exponent (sports writer and copy editor), Crawfordsville (Ind.) Journal Review (sports editor, co-night editor and columnist), Business First of Louisville (freelance writer) and the Messenger-Inquirer (sports copy editor, writer/columnist and online development).
In my free time, I enjoy taking my daughters, Ava, Lily and Clara, to the zoo, playing and watching a myriad of sports (volleyball at the top), traveling, reading and debating nonsensical lyrics of songs.
If for some strange reason you want to learn EVEN MORE about me, here's one of those silly forwards with meaningless questions I filled out nearly a decade ago.
As of 08/26/12
1. What time do you get up? 7 AM Monday through Friday, varies on weekends
2. If you could eat lunch with one person, who would it be? Barack Obama
3. Gold or Silver? Silver
4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Get Smart
5. What is your favorite TV show? Breaking Bad, Family Guy, sports, Seinfeld, Whose Line is it Anyway?, The Wire, Alf
6. What do you have for breakfast? Pop tarts, oatmeal, cereal or banana bread
7. Who would you hate to be stuck in a room with? Rosanne
8. What/who inspires you? Truth
9. What is your middle name? Anthony
10. Beach, City or Country? City, with the beach (in Hawaii) in close second
11. Favorite ice cream? It's hard to imagine a bad flavor, unless they came out with Harry Potter ice cream too
12. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? Butter
13. Favorite color? green
14. What kind of car do you drive? Saturn ... The Planet
15. Favorite sandwich? Reuben, not the American Idol guy, and not on rye bread
16. What characteristics do you despise? Ignorance
17. Favorite flower? Sunflower
18. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Greece, China or Australia
19. What color is your bathroom? off white
20. Favorite brand of clothing? Whatever is in front of me.
21. Where would you retire to? Hawaii, San Francisco or Seattle
22. Favorite day of the week? Thursday
23. What did you do for your last birthday? Went to the beach
24. Where were you born? Louisville, Ky.
25. Favorite sport to watch: College basketball
28. What fabric detergent do you use? This question is worded weirdly ... should it be fabric softner or clothes detergent?
29. Coke or Pepsi? Mt. Dew Code Red
30. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Definitely night
32. Do you have any pets? Two cats and a dog
33. What happened to question 31? I have no idea.